This is a celebration post. I’m marking a milestone of 500 likes on my fb page, and over 2000 hits on my site! To mark this occasion I am doing my very first giveaway. This is no ordinary food giveaway, we are talking jewelry!!! And not just any jewelry, but Lu!! What is Lu, you may ask, well Lu is not a what, but a who. She is a extremely talented designer and creator of her very own line of handmade jewelry. She now has a storefront here in Leavenworth, Kansas, but when I first met Lu she was selling at home parties and out of her tiny quarters on Ft. Leavenworth. Now she is selling on-line and has Lu reps all over the country!!! If you are not familiar with her, please go check out her site at www.artisticworksbylu.com, or her fb page at facebook.com/artisticworksbylu . Well it pays to have friends in high places, because when I told Lu I wanted to have my first giveaway at the 500 mark she, without missing a bea,t provided me with this lovely necklace and earring set from her newest line!!
So in honor of Lu I am posting a dessert that when I was a baker I provided her store for many an open house and holiday celebration, it was one of Lu’s favorites and her customers too! As luck has it, it happens to match the pearl jewelry nicely ! So here is the recipe and keep scrolling at the end you will find all the ways you can get entered to win this amazing jewelry!
This recipe comes from the Betty Crocker website, I found it in one of there seasonal magazines and made it and immediately fell in love, it is easy and very impressive for parties and celebrations! Lu always likes to serve them with a little bubbly!
1 pouch sugar cookie mix( 1 lb 1.5oz) – I just used a recipe for sugar cookies and just added the dry ingredients.
1 box – small, french vanilla instant pudding mix
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
2 pkg cream cheese (80z each) softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup toffee bits -finely crushed
* Heat oven to 350 degrees, prepare your 9x 13 pan, I used a shallow 9×13 baking sheet, lightly sprayed with cooking spray lined with foil and sprayed the foil. Trust me on this, makes it way easier to get the bars out of the pan and make nice clean cuts to serve!
* In a large bowl, or your stand mixer ,stir your cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 whole egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of pan.
* In same bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth. Add the remaining whole egg and the egg yolks as well as the remaining vanilla, beat until smooth. Spread over the crust.
* Bake 30-35min. or until set in the center. Immediately sprinkle the top with the toffee bits. Cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. When completely chilled remove from pan and cut into desired size pieces. Enjoy! Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
I cut them into bite size pieces as they are very rich. I put them in mini cupcake liners when entertaining and place them on a tray.
My Prairie Window Jewelry Giveaway!!!
Giveaway runs 6/15 – 6/22!!
This giveaway couldn’t be easier. To enter simply comment on this post telling me your favorite piece of jewelry. You know the one, your go to piece that goes with everything! And that’s it, however if you want to dramatically increase your chances you have several other ways to recieve additional entries, I am listing them all below, do as many or as few as you like.
* Remeber to comment on this post!! You must do that to be entered then do the following to add more entries!
*Retweet this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post:
**Creme Brulee Cheesecake & Pearls giveaway! Yummy & Beautiful! #myprairiewindow #theLULook http://tinyurl.com/cheesecakeandpearls **
* Share this promotion link on your fb page tagging My Prairie Window.
This giveaway is open to all those 18yrs and older. The winner will be selected by a random drawing. I will notify winners via email. You will have 72 hours to get back to me, or another winner will be drawn.