I discovered making meatloafs in indivdual portions a few years ago and it has been a life saver. They cook so much faster, are already pre portioned, and so easy to individualize for the likes and dislikes of my family. This is one of those recipes that is a mere suggestion. I have never made it the same way twice. Feel free to go crazy with the ingredients. Tonight I used bbq sauce, but you can use marainara, ketchup, soup, what ever floats your boat.
2 lbs ground meat – I used half ground beef and 1/2 turkey sausage
1/2 onion – finely chopped
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs ( or what ever type you prefer)
1/3 cup bbq sauce
2 eggs beaten
1 cup ( or maybe a touch more) of grated cheese of your choice. I used mozzerella.
* Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine, I use the only method that seems at all effective, the old two hands!
* Using a scoop or cup portion out your meat, you just want them all to be uniform so their cooking time is the same. I found that a 1/2 cup measuring cup worked well. I had 12 personal loafs, and a little left over.
* Form them into the shape of whatever you are cooking them in. I find that a muffin tin workd great for this. I lined them with silicone liners to make clean up a little easier.
* Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, check to make sure they are cooked through by cutting one open. If not all the way done then cook 10 more minutes and re check.
* Easy as that, these were a big hit, and the left overs make a great lunch packed for the office or school. If I have too many I wrapp them in saran wrap and freeze.