This is a recipe that the origin is unknown. We first had it at a potluck dinner with a group of friends. Our friend Nancy W. brought this stuffing, and it was such a unique combo of stuffing and fruit. Couldn’t quite place it as side or dessert as it could work as both! Needless to say before the evening was over all who came left with a request of Nancy for the recipe.
As I began planning a casual Easter dinner of ham, this seemed like a great addition, who doesn’t like pineapple with their ham? It is easy, not alot of ingredients, and the leftovers are awesome for breakfast!
1 cup butter – softened
2 cups sugar – You can use part brown sugar if you like.
2 – 20oz cans crushed pineapple – drained
cinnamon and nutmeg
10 slices day old bread – cubed – it calls for white bread, but I used wheat and it is fine.
* Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
* Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. ( I used about 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsp cinnamon)
* Add pineapple and bread cubes and mix.
* Place in a greased 13×9 pan.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. It will be set and lightly golden.