Just in time for Easter I dug up this recipe I found on-line several years ago. It utilizes one of my favorite cake mix flavors Cherry Chip so I had to try it out. The result was not only a beautiful pastel pink dessert, but super tasty , and to top it all off it was the easiest cheesecake bar I’ve ever made, and as a baker that is saying something.
I usually don’t use quite as much packaged products in my baking, but for this there really is no substitute for the mix and frosting. I am also going to try the same recipe swapping out Lemon mix and frosting for the cherry, I think it might be divine so look back next week to see how it goes!
I made this batch last week to take to a friends party and they were as easy, and as yummy, as I remembered!
1 box Betty Crocker Supermoist cherry chip cake mix (18.5 oz)
1/2 cup butter – softened
2 pkgs (8oz)- cream cheese, softened
1 container cherry frosting
* Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Baker’s tip: I throw these in when I can, things I’ve learned to help out while baking. For any type of bar/brownie etc.. I spray my pan, then line with foil, and spray the foil. This makes getting your bars out of the pan a breeze, and cutting uniform pieces so much easier, and clean up a breeze.
* In a large bowl, I use my stand mixer place your cake mix and butter, mix on low speed until crumbly: reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture and set aside.
* Pour crumb mixture into your prepared 13×9 pan. The recipe calls for ungreased, but I always so a light spray. Press the mixture into bottom of pan to make a crust.
* In the same bowl add the cream cheese and frosting and mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended.
* Pour mixture over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumble mix.
* Bake @ 45 minutes or until set. I baked it about 5 minutes more, but just check and see. Cool it completely, it will fall some so don’t panic! THen cover and refridgerate at least 2 hours until chilled. Cut and serve! Store any extra ( this never happens in my house) in the fridge.
This is part of Countertop Confections What’s Cookin’ Thursday Linky!